Welcome to the Hudson Beach Yacht Club website. We hope you will enjoy our site and hopefully attend some of our functions. We are an active club of sailors, power boaters, kayakers, racers, cruisers and folks who like things nautical.
We meet on the first Tuesday of the month and have numerous activities throughout the year.
Drop by one of our meetings and see what we're all about.
Don't forget - our General Meeting will be on the 11th.
November 8th - Last Breakfast on the Beach for 2014.
Jane is doing her famous sausage gravy & biscuits as well as eggs, ham & fruit. Cost if $4.00. Make sure to call Jane Sperry at 727-862-1661 to make your reservation.
November 11th - General Meeting
- Pizza Hut Pizza Night - free pizza @ 7:00PM
- Meeting will start @ 7:45PM.
Election of 2015 Officers & Board.
November 18th - Combined Board Meeting
- 2014 & 2015 Officers & Directors - Beginning of transition process for incoming board. Vital for all officers [new & leaving] to be there. Meeting will be at the IHOP near K-Mart on US HWY 19 in Hudson in the back room.
- Dinner for those who wish will be at 6:00PM
- The meeting starts at 7:00PM
November 21st through 30th - Ft. Myers SandBlast Cruise
- We will cruise to Ft. Myers and stay at the mooring field (flyer). In addition to many other fun things going on we will take a day to see the 28th Annual Sandsculpting Championship (click here for website) .
- Guy Colson is the Cruise Captain for this event. Please contact him as soon as possible to sign up or for more info. He can be reached at: (203) 586-9033 or by email at > (firstname.lastname@example.org)
December 2nd - December General Meeting
- Hudson Elementary Holiday Gift Drive.
This is our annual drive to bring toys for underprivileged children in Hudson. If you care to participate please bring unwrapped toys [spend no more than $20-25.00] to the meeting. We will have a table set up to take them.
Also, we will be collecting non-perishable food items for families in need.
- Elephant Gift Exchange .
This will be a lot of fun. We ask that everyone coming to this meeting bring an "Elephant Gift". Otherwise we'll have to consider you a "Grinch" and sit you in a corner facing the wall while we have all the fun.
At R. Beach Restaurant (website) in Hernando Beach. Tickets are going fast. We only have 17 left out of a total of 60, so we have a good crowd. Remember you can use your $10 Certificate towards the $20 cost. That makes it only $30.0 per couple. Not bad. It should be a sell out.
Music for dancing will be available in the bar adjacent to our room. Contact Jane Sperry to sign up. Send payments to the HBYC PO Box %Christmas Party if you can't bring to the November meeting.
HBYC Coffee Cups - $10.00 - More info in the Ship's Store. These are solid cups that are dishwasher safe.
We meet on the first Tuesday of every month. Doors open at 7:00PM and meeting starts at 7:30PM. We meet at the: